A6 worn/scratched centre console

IMach

cruise set...
Reaction score
I have just bought a 55 plate A6 3.0 SLine. the car is immaculate apart from some of the interior trim which seems inferior and badly worn. The centre console around the MMI volume knob is completely worn down. Also, the rubber cover on the window buttons is worn through down to the base plastic. its very strange, as its as if these areas are very soft and made from poor quality materials. does anyone else suffer this same issue? can I get the parts repaired/replaced FOC by Audi?

is there a parts dealer that supplies parts like this?

help or advice greatly appriciated..

man thats crap....only ever seen that on peugeots!!!

I have just bought a 55 plate A6 3.0 SLine. the car is immaculate apart from some of the interior trim which seems inferior and badly worn. The centre console around the MMI volume knob is completely worn down. Also, the rubber cover on the window buttons is worn through down to the base plastic. its very strange, as its as if these areas are very soft and made from poor quality materials. does anyone else suffer this same issue? can I get the parts repaired/replaced FOC by Audi?

is there a parts dealer that supplies parts like this?

help or advice greatly appriciated..

Thats a shame, i have a silver centre console thats going cheap?

yes i have same problem on the center console by the volume button for stereo . i have the s-line steering wheel without the buttons for stereo ,so think the button has had a lot of use . you can see black under the silver ..

sorry didnt mean to sound rude, u just dont expect it on a 55 A6 .....vagpart wud have been good for this kinda thing, but they no longer trade...not much help again! have you tried Ebay, even contacting a shop seller on there, they may be able to help....can you post a photo, be interesting to see the worn areas...regards

Your main dealer? I've replaced bits of interior trim in my '99 A6 and the costs haven't been excessive.

I think with MMI panels it's all or nothing. The annoying thing is I've just thrown away a faulty A6 panel with a good surround on it.

Last edited:
My brothi-in-law had similar issues with all the window switches & other similar finished areas in his Seat Alhambra [ same VAG switches etc ] - got his dealer to replace them.

As for the centre console - in my A6 the silver finish is too easily marked:mad: and no matter how careful you are!

I have tried to polish mine out [ minor marks ] but the finish is not like paint and you can make it worse. Best just wait untill its really bad - then replace.

I think if I was specing a new car I would avoid the silver & go for the carbon fibre look - looks a tougher finish.

car01.jpg

seriously, try your dealer, they are not as expensive as you might think for some parts, you may be pleasantly surprised:icon_thumright:

Jim