A6 Avant Bar - is it standard on the C6?

Pinknoise

**** in an Audi
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just bought an 2005 A6 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant S-Line. It has the neat Audi drop down tow bar fitted. Is that standard equipment or an extra?

Thanks

Sam

Im pretty sure it would have been an extra.

Welcome to the site by the way, Get some pics up of the new car:sign_pics:

Still dirty, havn't washed it yet.

A6.JPG

Is that dolphin grey? Thats the colour I really wanted but I couldn't find any.

Do you have a pic of the luggage bar? I have a saloon so I have no idea if it would be standard or not.

The car looks really well, nice and clean.

Do you have any mods planned?

Do you have a pic of the luggage bar? I have a saloon so I have no idea if it would be standard or not.

The luggage bar in the boot is an optional extra. Im not sure if they are vailable for the Saloon, but if you dont have the side slides that they clip into then the answer maybe no, but i do have them in my Avant. There are two that come with the kit. The fixed bar, and the retractable one for holding bags.

If its towbar, then normally extra. The OE spec towbars for audi, vw and bmw are generally made by Westfalia. Good quality pieces of kit, probably one of the best out of Witter, Bosal and Towtrust :) my 2p's worth lol

I don't actually know what the colour is called i'll dig out the colour code and see if anyone knows.

It is fairly rare. When I looked on Autotrader for a 3.0 TDI S-Line manual there were only two, one in England in silver and one locally in Northern Ireland in the Grey.