Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Re: How quickly does your bluetooth connect ?

Mine used to vary enormously but bizarrely it has got better over time and now connects within a few seconds.

If you switch your phone off and then on again when in the car with the ignition on it always used to connect very quickly.

Stephen

2. # ADS
    ADS

I also have the 6310i. I find that it connects within 4-5 seconds ie the phone has bluetooth permanently on and when I turn the key in the ignition it connects.

The only time I have ever had trouble is when I have set the phone to "Hide from other users" (can't remember the exact term - but its in the bluetooth menu section). When this was set it sometimes would not connect or would connect after several minutes.

I therefore allow all users/devices to see me. I dont think this is a great security risk because to be "seen" someone has to be continually looking for other bluetooth devices and if they want my Auntie Hilders phone number they are wlecome to it!!

Jon,

I have ordered Blue tooth and intend to purchase a 6310i, but as yet have not had a demo of the operation - could please give a brief of what you do when you get in the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Regards

imported_minder

1999 A6 2.8 quattro !Mayday Mayday ! A6 in trouble

If this is reposted its because i couldnt see my originall.

Hi ppl

I have just bought an a6 quattro on a 1999 year. Can anyone post any relevant recalls to this year and model.
    Also I have a few problems
    1. fuel gauge shows 3/4 full even when tank is brimming
    2. Center computer display is missing characters and fading
    3. mpg screen fluctuates from 10 to 108 mpg even at a steady 60 mph
    4. screen shows avg mph is 32 mph even after i reset it and run for 170 miles at approx 80mph
    5. if i idle the engine at 2000 rpm i can feel a slight miss every 20 seconds
    6. the exahust is blowing so could this cause number 5

The car is spot on apart from these niggling bits and has full audi service and is now at 84k

Any advice would be good, I got it from an independant garage so hopefully they will fix the problems but could do with some ammo.

Thanks Rob

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: 1999 A6 2.8 quattro !Mayday Mayday ! A6 in trouble

The computer display is prone to fading. Had to have this replaced under warranty on my 2.8 Quattro Sport and the fuel gauge is a known gotcha too. This went on my S6.

imported_minder

Re: 1999 A6 2.8 quattro !Mayday Mayday ! A6 in tro

Thanks.
    Would the fuel gauage fault effect the reliability of the mpg readout on the display. It fluctuates wildly.

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: 1999 A6 2.8 quattro !Mayday Mayday ! A6 in tro

It did with mine. Until it was fixed the only way I could tell how much fuel I had was to do mental arithmatic based on how many miles I'd covered and what the usual fuel consumption was. The fault is with the sender unit in the tank rather than the guage itself and it's pretty annoying to find that this fault was a known problem- companies like Audi should sort this as soon as the problem happens and not keep putting the same part into their cars year after year. Another known problem my car suffered from was with the air mass sensor, which failed when the car was 6 months out of warranty. Audi paid half (200), but it shouldn't have gone in the first place! When this fails the car feels very sluggish and you get all sorts of warning lights coming on intermittently, eg. ABS etc.