Leds interior/ map reading / footwell/ puggle and number plate

JimC64

Reaction score
car01.jpg

Hi all I've been looking into leds for some time now and am proceeding with them for the interior dome lights, map reading lights, puddle lights, front footwell and number plate lights.
A few questions and answers hopefully c/w with some input from various sources as well as prices and links etc etc can be found here

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68951

Thanks

Jim

car01.jpg

Hi all I've been looking into leds for some time now and am proceeding with them for the interior dome lights, map reading lights, puddle lights, front footwell and number plate lights.
A few questions and answers hopefully c/w with some input from various sources as well as prices and links etc etc can be found here

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=68951

Thanks

Jim

UPDATE - Ok, Here it is. The 12 universal leds with connectors for Ba9's, festoons, and wedge stle bulbs arrived today from Hong Kong. Pretty quickly really as I only went for std postage costs.
Spent around 20 mins and fitted them to the front map reading lights and rear courtesy lights and they worked an absolute treat. They give off a really bright white light with a very slight bluish tinge and match almost exactly the ones I put in the front interior.
I'm very pleased with the up to date look that they offer for a very small price and highly recommend anyone to try them.
If using them for the same application, the only advice I'd give is to possibly go for either 9 or maybe even 6 universal leds style. The 12's were great but just slightly too large and they were a bit fiddly to fit into such a small space. The smaller ones will give off just as much usable light probably but will fit in a jiffy

Help - Can anyone in the Glasgow area suggest any auto sparks that could help me with my rear number plate leds? I've fitted them and look absolutely stunning ( for about 10 secs ) and then the DIS comes up with bulb warning and off they go - looks like I'll need a resistor putting in - unfortunately its not my thing. Anyone interested I could look to maybe put another bit of work their way!
wink.gif

Jim

Jim

car01.jpg

All the headlight bulbs were just a straight swap for 80W by Sportzblue Ring automotive. mains H1 dipped and foglights H7.
Kudos to toby for help with getting the rear number plate leds to work properly. A 120 ohm resisitor fitted in parallel on each bulb sorted this problem out.
Well chuffed.
Attached Thumbnails