which quick s6 avant?

MostlyMonki

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a fast estate for a while (since i had to sell my Supra twin turbo to get something more practical), and I've narrowed it dow to; A6 2.7t, A6 4.2, or S6 4.2 (all about year 2000).

could anyone help with info regarding the various pros and cons of each car?

S6 4.2 all the way, love mine to bits, great recaro heated seats, massive space, performance, and oh yeah the sound is awesome ;)

I'd say that the 2.7T would give an easy 290bhp (can run over 320bhp with a bit more than a remap) and its a good bit lighter (important when the engine is slung so far forward of the front axle) and more economical (about 6mpg better allround) than the V8 but doesn't sound as good (and needs revving more). But the S6 is the only one with uprated brakes, suspension and interior etc. that gives it more much more of a responsive sports feel to drive than the other two which are more fast comfortable cruisers.

is the 2.7 aluminium like the V8?

The S6 and also the 4.2 A6 both have Alu front wings and bonnet, they also have larger front and back arches like the RS6 and a wider track. The turbos can be expensive on the 2.7 V6's with higher miles.. Although so can Auto boxes on S6's. The S6 comes with Recaro's while the 2.7 will just have normal seats, no carbon fibre etc etc.. The standard spec list on a S6 is fantastic.

Audi S6 4.2 Quattro
4.2 V8 - 340bhp 0-60 = 6.5secs
5 speed tiptronic gearbox
Front & Rear Electric Windows
Full Bose Stereo with speakers and sub-woofer and 6CD Changer in boot
Heated Front seats
Front arm rest
½ black leather & dark grey Alcantara Recaro Seats
Dark grey Alcantara headlining
Split folding rear seats with through-load hatch
Rear Parking Sensors
17” Avus Alloys
Cruise Control
On Board Computer
Carbon Fibre dash & trim
Xenon Headlights with heated washer jets
Aluminium covered electric and heated door mirrors
Electronic Dual Zone Climate Control
Cost New £48,425

mine also comes with chrome roof rails, satnavplus with Bose, TV and multichanger, Solar sunroof, laminated glass all round (double glazed)...plus whatever else lol.....cost new was sommut like 65k with all extras on it, was amazed when looking thru all the docs that came with the car.....love it, great car, and being N/A engine, no turbos to worry about lol this car has enough power

oh and the recaro seats seats are to die for....soo comfy on long run, u dow even feel like u driven anywhere long distance.

BTW Technics100 nice pics u took of your car, like the wheels too, i think im gonna go for the new S6/RS6 alloys, i think they would suite the avant nice...where did u have urs from? Cheers

BTW Technics100 nice pics u took of your car, like the wheels too, i think im gonna go for the new S6/RS6 alloys, i think they would suite the avant nice...where did u have urs from? Cheers

Many thanks, I got the wheels from a Local place in Northern Ireland. They do suit it and update it a bit too. Gives it that S8 look.. although the C6 RS6 wheels look the ticket, they are 20's

980191-4.jpg

great pic bud...yes that the look im after, just have to find right sizes...presuming it would be something like 19" ET35 8J with 255/35/19 rubber

u don't buy a car such as an s6 to worry about economy lol

S6 4.2 all the way, love mine to bits, great recaro heated seats, massive space, performance, and oh yeah the sound is awesome ;)

it's all well and good you lot saying get an S6, it's finding one that's the problem. i've been scouring the classifieds for about a month and only really come close to 1 good un.

I think you lot should sell and stop being so selfish ;)

StuC take your time, i was looking for a good one with everything, and i mean everything pretty much on it, took me about 6months before finding the one :)

Crapy fuel economy = The wife would drive it and drain my tank

Fair cop gov.....lol i know what you mean....altho i have noticed the higher the speed the better fuel eco it is....now thats mad lol ......or is it just me????

StuC take your time, i was looking for a good one with everything, and i mean everything pretty much on it, took me about 6months before finding the one :)
So.... 5 months to go then :blink:

Fair cop gov.....lol i know what you mean....altho i have noticed the higher the speed the better fuel eco it is....now thats mad lol ......or is it just me????
The best justification for going quicker surely! :yahoo:

I've been looking around for a fast estate for a while (since i had to sell my Supra twin turbo to get something more practical), and I've narrowed it dow to; A6 2.7t, A6 4.2, or S6 4.2 (all about year 2000).

could anyone help with info regarding the various pros and cons of each car?

been down that same road....don't dismiss the saloons as they've got a fair bit of space (especially compared to the Supra). Any pics of the Supra?

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about an avant either. I had an A4 avant before the S6 saloon and I can honestly say that the S6 is just as good, it has a huge boot and with the seats down can fit loads. I even have 2 glass doors (full size) in the car with the boot shut. The fella in the door store couldn't believe that it took them.. Loads of rear leg room too..

Mine might be for sale, I can't decide.. PM for more details

depends what you're going to use it for, we have a savage dog to contend with, so avant is far more suitable, but like you say, big boots on saloons...but imo i prefer the look of the avant, just my preference ;)

I can stop searching now! :-D

We are now proud owners of an A6 2.7T Avant :-D

nice one bud.....be interesting to here what MPG u get, and get some pics up bud :)