30,000 mile (4 years) longlife service

amimmortal

Reaction score
Afternoon all...

My A6 Avant 1.9 tdi multitronic is going in for a service at Star Performance in Kirkcaldy tomorrow. I've decided that the audi stamps in the service schedule just aren't worth what they charge, and I'm told that Star Performance are very good.

I'm not expecting anything to come up - the CVT is behaving itself, although they said that it might be a good idea to do the CVT gearbox oil now, rather than waiting until 40,000 miles.

The only thing I'm asking them to look at is some slight lateral play in the brake pedal.

Basically, with my foot on the throttle, when I go over a bump or some cobbles, the brake pedal knocks against the throttle pedal, which is quite distracting.

I've never experienced this in any car I've ever driven so I'm assuming there's some adjustment required.

Does anyone else experience this? And if so, is there more to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

A.

Hi all...

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, as it's still bothering me and my MOT is due at the end of next month...

Star performance gave me an exploded schematic indicating the complexity involved with dismantling sections of the dashboard etc to get to the parts in question. Sounds like a big job, but I just wanted other opinions...

Cheers!

A.