Lambda sensor S6

crispin

Reaction score
My car is saying that I need to change the lambda sensor on bank 1 pre CAT and I was wondering if this was a job that was possible to DIY. I've checked the error code and if I clear the code it will return in a few days. I'm quite practical and have for example changed all the brake pads on my car. I've spoken to the garage and they say it is a long job with the removal of lots of parts!! I would be doing the job on the road by driving the car up some floor ramps and working from below. Would this be a nightmare or are there any hints and tips that make it possible. My car has done 100,00 miles now and is beginning to cost £, I'm just trying to do the work myself so I can afford to keep it.

Also should I change both pre CAT sensors and the same time??

Is the Bentley Manual any good? Maybe its worth buying one for the future, does anybody have one? if so whats the section of replacing lambda sensors of the 4.2 like?

Thanks

Hi, Has nobody had any lambda issues or used the Bentley manual...any advice would be greatly welcomed!! Thanks

mine needs replacing too, 60quid for part, cant imagine it being to difficult, save payin 40-50quid labour anyways lol