Door trim removal
can anyone please please tell me how i can remove the interior trim on the drivers door of my a6 avant (53 plate), i need to get in to either clean repair or replace the lock barrel so that i can re-program my key fob, but looking at the door there seems to be a lack of obvious access panels .
Thanks in advance
two screws at the top on both ends of the panel - visable with the door open.
once removed lift the door panel up, its hooked on and then you can remove
ive already tried removing the two screws but before the panel can come off, the handles and electrics need to be removed,the question i have is how to remove these without distorting any of the trim.
I posted this in similar thread a while ago:
With the door open, you'll see one screw at each end, at the top of the door card. Remove both these. Now look underneath the front end of the armrest & you'll see a small hole. Using a small screwdriver or similar (I prefer to use a ball ended Allen key as the ball shouldn't do any damage) through the hole, push the electric window switch panel up & out at the front end until you can get hold of it & then ease it right out. This allows all the connector plugs to be removed. The door card can now be lifted up & away but there are still four (if memory serves) more connectors to be unplugged. Don't worry about noting which go where as they are all different sizes. The cable/wire (not electrical) from the interior handle to the latch mechanism needs to be unclipped at the handle end & the window switch plugs all need to be pulled out through the insulation too. Takes 2 to 3 minutes! Reassembly is the reverse but getting all the lugs relocated & the lock liftpin through the hole in the top of the door card can be a little awkward & don't overtghten the two screws as they wind into soft aluminium. Hope this doesn't make it sound too complicated - it really is easy!
Well, I finally got there and with extra help from dgsdale, I managed to get them off. I agree, they are easy, once you know how.
The bit that stick me was getting the window switches out, so I have attached some pics to help people visualize what they need to do.