3.0TDI Quattro re-map...

lomondview

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Picked up a September 2004 3.0 TDI Quattro last Saturday, silver with black leather/alcantara interior and 18" RS6 rims. It's only done 36k... Wonderful car, I'm over the moon with it...

However, in order to eek a bit more power and economy out of the engine I've booked to have it re-mapped. The company I've chosen is Angel Tuning (recommended by a friend who has used them on his Fabia vRS).

They are quoting "up to" an extra 55bhp/85lbft/6mpg.

Does this sound reasonable? Has anybody used them before? Anybody had the 3.0TDI re-mapped and care to describe the changes it made to the performance of the car?

Great forum btw, loads of info for newbs like me...

Cheers

Dave

I had mine " Angel Tuned" by a firm in Tonbridge and i am very pleased with it although you do not get a before and after graph but the difference is really noticable and only cost me £40 extra on my insurance

I had mine " Angel Tuned" by a firm in Tonbridge and i am very pleased with it although you do not get a before and after graph but the difference is really noticable and only cost me £40 extra on my insurance

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for the info... glad to hear of a satisfied customer of theirs. I'm not really bothered about graphs so long as the car is better to drive. Did you notice any improvement in mpg?

Also, never having done this before, how do you describe the change to your insurance company?

Thanks

Dave

I have an AMD remap which I am happy with. I just told my insurance company the facts. I know a lot of drivers with chipped up cars do not inform the insurance company, I don't believe that the remap is completely undetectable. If, god forbid, I had an accident which generates a large claim, the inspectors would be all over the car and they are wise to all of the scams, it's their job.
£40 sounds like a very good deal.

Hi Guys,

Picked up a September 2004 3.0 TDI Quattro last Saturday, silver with black leather/alcantara interior and 18" RS6 rims. It's only done 36k... Wonderful car, I'm over the moon with it...

However, in order to eek a bit more power and economy out of the engine I've booked to have it re-mapped. The company I've chosen is Angel Tuning (recommended by a friend who has used them on his Fabia vRS).

They are quoting "up to" an extra 55bhp/85lbft/6mpg.

Does this sound reasonable? Has anybody used them before? Anybody had the 3.0TDI re-mapped and care to describe the changes it made to the performance of the car?

Great forum btw, loads of info for newbs like me...

Cheers

Dave

dave, did you get it mapped? pleased? how much did it cost? thinking about changing my 320d M sport tourer for an A6 3.0 Q soon and was interested in your results!

martin

Dragon performance have their removable chip too, gives an extra 39Bhp and 55lb/ft.
Can take it out when you want and then the 're-map' is also removed.

dave, did you get it mapped? pleased? how much did it cost? thinking about changing my 320d M sport tourer for an A6 3.0 Q soon and was interested in your results!

martin

Hi Martin,

Apologies for the long delay in responding, I've been working away...

Yep, Angel came down to my work and did it in the car-park. Took about an hour all in. Went for a test drive immediately after and noticed an improvement straight away. However, having lived with it for a few months I can now say that it's the best £325 I've ever spent on car improvements. The extra BHP is nice, but the extra torque is gobsmacking. It's also spread over a much wider rev range, so pulls from quite low down, and doesn't stop! The re-map also removes the speed limiter and, although I've not tested this, I have had 140+ out of it (only on roads that allow that of course!) and it would have just kept going - I bottled out! :)

Having said all of that the car is now back with the original dealer as it's been having a few startup problems of late: lumpy tickover, sometimes with clouds of smoke. Apparently this is a know fault that can occur and they are fitting new injectors and a new control unit under warranty. So perhaps there is even more power/torque to come?!? :)

But overall I am over the moon with the car. It's whisper quiet and eats miles (and other cars!) day after day after day. I'm averaging about 34mpg which, with my slightly heavier right foot (it'd rude not to use all of that extra power/torque!), is pretty damn good for such a big heavy fast car!

Hope this helps!

Dave

Thanks for your advice Dave. I finally pick up my 3.0 tdi Q this weekend after searching for a while. The Mrs has now kept the 320d, which we had mapped by emaps yesterday, great job he did too.
Having test driven the 3.0, my mind boggles as to what it will be like after maping as its awesome standard! Cant wait!

Martin

pick up my 3.0 tdi this week and have thought of doing this , have been told it can cause car to smoke a lot , has ant one noticed this