Washer Bottle

simonwjones

Reaction score
My washer bottle has split and getting sick of filling it everyday.

anybody got a spare lying around, its for a 2.5tdi quattro on an 02 plate

cheers

Simon

Hi Simon, I had the same problem with my A6, it turned out that the headlight washer motor was leaking (cracked due to high presure).

Its a relatively easy job removing the bottle, remove near side road wheel, remove wheel arch trim then there is 1 bolt in the engine bay and I think another one within the wheel arch.

thanks Ian

its not the washer pump though, the bottle has actually split.

I emailed everyone breaking an A6 on ebay yesterday and got 3 offers

managed to pick one up for £28 delivered

thanks

Simon

good news, changing the bottle isnt too much bother. Just wish there was a haynes manual for our cars, (cant beat a printed book.)

Have a good xmas.

There are 3 bolts. One in the engine bay and 2 in the wheel arch. Just had to remove mine to be able to get the ABS module out

karma strikes again !! my water bottle is acting up !! my top up icon on the dash is constantly lit ! and i top up it only takes like a litre .. light doesnt go off in the mean time though ,and my washers work till that litre or so has been used then its as if it has run oiut ??? its been a scottish car since day one ie i dont think hard water has scaled anything up .. any ideas folks ?

put some beer in it!!! lol
na but me thinks this is a factory default with all these audi's they have so many damn sensors. U fix one then another one goes!!! my one does the same but I cannot trace the leak. I will probably check the headlight washers. how difficult is it to remove the bumber?