problems with dashboard dieing

bigblokey0

Reaction score
im driving down the road and the whole of my dash display including needles complelty dies however it comes back on after a few seconds and everything is reset ive had the aa out to it and it come up with a code 0667 i think it was off the top of my head anybody had this problem before or know what the code is ?

So the whole car dies or just the dash?

Sounds like power issue tbh fella, maybe a dodgy cable, check all fuses are located fully in the fusebox, not sure if you also have some under the hood by the battery as the 8P has, when it goes of do any of the lights work etc etc, just fault finding cause if was major fuse/feed cable to fusebox then lights wouldnt work either, if was fuse/cable feed to dash then rest would be ok, just ideas to help.

You sure it wasnt code 00668 as that suggests as I have above, supply voltage error but maybe for another component

just the dash dies everything else stays on ie. headlights if ive got them switched on engine stays on ok as well, im guessing its a loose wire somewhere thats what the aa bloke said as well

as for the error codes there as follows

0667 ambient temp signal (not sure what this fault is)

17521 heated oxegen sensor (which is the lamba sensor common readout)

18010 voltage supply terminal 30 low voltage detected (faulty battery it has been replaced)

so when the aa bloke checked the codes it showed the 0667 code on the dash check

I've got your email from back in Feb when I sent you stuff on timing belts I think. If you can confirm its the same address I'll send you the wiring diagrams from elsawin

try opening with windows picture and fax viewer and you should see all the pages. when I try to open it with microsoft office picture manager I only see one page is as well. if that doesn't work i'll send it in a different format

Just sent you another pm which i hope gives a bit more info

having done some research it would seem that the dash dieing is a common fault and that the whole unit itself is at fault so i need to refurb the unit or buy a new one

update im not so sure its the dash that's at fault now ! the car battery has gone flat since its been sat for the day and im getting audible beeps coming from the inside of the boot also the central locking had stopped working over the last couple of days all these symptoms along with the dash dieing could be what ? Has anyone came across this problem before ?

edit : also i forgot to add my alpine stereo has now stopped working its just froze it lights up but no sound comes out and nothing works on it

Last edited:
hi,
as far as i know this is a not a fault with your car, it relates to the state of charge of your battery.
does the car have a battery charge indication on the driver display?
afaik if the charge goes below say 75% the car will start shutting down non essential
electricial loads in an effort to maintain battery charge levels.
i think the dash clocks are one of the first to shut down.
your battery may be past its best or not charging properly.
maybe try removing battery and charging with a mains charger !

maybe of some help to you!
brian.

the battery is a fairly new one just over a year old i tried my booster pack on the battery tonight but it drained the booster pack straight away and the car was still not charged but then the booster pack is on its last legs maybe its got no life left in it