Audi A6 Avant (04 plate) service info

mattey

Reaction score
Morning guys

Quick question - My wife just called and said our Audi A6 Avant (04 plate) has a warning saying the service is due in 50 miles ( I never drive it ) and am due to travel on business from this evening, therefore I wondered if you had any info on what service is needed - Imagine it must be around the 50k mile mark now..

Any info greatly appreciated...

probably a big one if at 50K

if its diesel getting close to a cambelt as well.

Should be on variable servicing so i woul guess at third or forth service third would be an oil forth probably a big one. Find an independant. Dont pay audis exorbidant prices. 100+ per hour labour plus parts

services depend on the car as to whether petrol or diesel. diesels require more frequent cam belt changes due to the higher compression and torque levelsof the engine putting a bigger strain on the cam belt.

petrols average 70-to 80k, diesels around 50K at most. also water pump if the cambelts due. its not worth not getting it replaced as if it goes its a cam belt cost plus the waterpump anyway and these are only good for around 60-80k anyway mine went at 70k but it was due a cambelt in another 10k anyway so i got both done. audi will charge upto or even over a grand for a cambelt indies charge abot £350.

If in doubt check the service book.

Again without knowing what the car is no one can really advise.

probably a big one if at 50K

if its diesel getting close to a cambelt as well.

Should be on variable servicing so i woul guess at third or forth service third would be an oil forth probably a big one. Find an independant. Dont pay audis exorbidant prices. 100+ per hour labour plus parts

services depend on the car as to whether petrol or diesel. diesels require more frequent cam belt changes due to the higher compression and torque levelsof the engine putting a bigger strain on the cam belt.

petrols average 70-to 80k, diesels around 50K at most. also water pump if the cambelts due. its not worth not getting it replaced as if it goes its a cam belt cost plus the waterpump anyway and these are only good for around 60-80k anyway mine went at 70k but it was due a cambelt in another 10k anyway so i got both done. audi will charge upto or even over a grand for a cambelt indies charge abot £350.

If in doubt check the service book.

Again without knowing what the car is no one can really advise.

Thanks mate... sorry should of really said its a 1.9 TDI.. only had the car about a year and always had BMW's before so no up to speed with Audi servicing..

Just called my local dealer and they quoted me, £375 for the service and on top of that Brake Fluid change, Air and Fuel filters which brings the cost up to £595... does that sound reasonable?

Anyone know of a inde in Essex? Im based in Thurrock...

Our 06 plate A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro is also due for 40K service, we have 24months free service warranty and I am not sure whether this include multitronic gearbox oil change, does anyone know please? I know the oil should be changed at 40K or so to avoid huge bills later on, if this oil change is standard at this mileage would that be considered as part of the main service or not (I believe the car is on the variable service schedule)?

@mattey - sorry to hijack your thread, but I though it was ok since it was service related too...

With a 1.9TDi go to your nearest Skoda or VW dealer, same engine much lower rates.
2.7TDiQ multitronic, you'll need to stand over some of them to make sure that they actually do whats needed, "free" is not a word that easily passes the lips of your average Audi dealer. Does your service warranty say "24months or 24000 miles" or similar?

Mattey

is it a 50K service. I suspect your getting close to a cam belt i cant remember if its 50 OR 60K FOR THE 1.9 TDI engines i do know its a lot lower than the petrols.

M

If its a quatro then it has a normal auto gearbox and should be sealed for life. Multitronics are only fitted to the fwd cars