Badger5AH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

54 plate A6 2.4 V6 - Squeeking parking brake

Me again,
    Another minor issue but the whole street hears us coming in & out of the place, my parking brake makes a hideous screeching noise when I apply & remove, sounds like something at the rear wheel hubs is dry and needs lubrication. I'm mechanically/technically able, is anyone able to advise me on what part of the rear wheel mechanism I need to lubricate in visual terms &/or send me a link to any website or docs that shows the relevant part of the mechanism I need to id & lubricate.

Also, any pointers on what I should use in terms of the correct lube would be appreciated. I'm assuming it is something a little more technically based than WD40 but am happy if it's nothing more than this in reality!

Thanks,
    Nick

2. # ADS
    ADS

please speak slowly so i'll understand !

Status
    only one way to find out mate ! get the wheel off and get an assistant to operate the handbrake that way i'm sure you'll find the culprit and a bit of lm grease should suffice!

Neutral

Status
    The only lube you use is on the edge of the pad backplate, Never ever spray WD around your brakes.
    You need to have a mechanic look at your brakes as this is not normal. You may just have a stone stuck between the backplate and the disc as its a horrible screech.
    Normal brake wear wont do this unless new pads have been fitted to a worn disc with a lip.