ECON light remains on.

Leelacmn

Reaction score
Hi All ,

I have a Audi A6 2.5TDI. 02 plate . My ECON light has come on , and will not go off. Just been to Kwik Fit to get them to charge my aircon . Charged no probs no leaks . However the ****** thing still dosen't cool down. Stuck in ECON mode any ideas ???

Lee

have the car checked by audi / vag com - there may be an electrical fault - for example with the pressure switch.

I think i will have to. Its due MOT end of the month so i will get them to look at the climate control as well .

Cheers

Just been through it . No joy my end , My car was charged to 550g my bonnet says 550 +50 g was the charge good enough ?
Tried the battery , how long should i disconnect ? I took it one lead off for about 20 secs . Do you think that was long enough ??

Hi, check the small electric fan on the radiator is running with the ac on.
If not, the system pressure runs too high and shuts down. The motor brushes wear and the fan packs up.
You high pressure switch mounted on the condenser could also have failed. You can replace this without discharging R134a (screwed onto schrader valve) but you will need to remove OS headlamp to remove it
Also check the compressor clutch is engaged.
If you have a late car and VAG com, you can check what pressure the system is running.

check all fuses cause this is the one that gets everyone with this fault, usually stops fans running & econ stays lit aswell.

Hi yes always start with the easy stuff first. Fuses dont just blow though, so just changing a blown fuse wont have sorted out the cause.

Hi, Is there a way to check the high pressure switch with a meter for correct operation do you know ? I have the econ light on. It was on before I had a regas and is still on. This looked like the next thing to look at but wanted to be sure before shelling out the £40 odd quid for the switch.
Cheers.
Dave

Also chech the compressor the clutch sheer pin may have gone. this is common and requires a new compressor so the money you just paid quick fit is wasted.

You should have gone to an aircon speciaist and got it tested first not just topped off. in my area the professionals actually charge less than the likes of halfords or quickfit and will check the whole sytem not just dye and regas.

M

I had the same thing happen on my A4, the easiest way is to check with vag-com. Mine showed a code for the G65 pressure switch, easy swop and worked fine after...

I had the same thing happen on my A4, the easiest way is to check with vag-com. Mine showed a code for the G65 pressure switch, easy swop and worked fine after...

im getting the same fault code on my a3, pressure g65. started intermittently, now econ light on permanently!
do you know where this sensor is located, i think it might be at the front of my engine, near a fan.
and is this just a straight swap, i was told, i would need to de-pressurise the whole system before swapping!
cheers