Audi Allroad Problem (HELP)

Dave79

Reaction score
I Wonder if anyone can help me. The back end of my audi allroad has dropped and will no longer adjust. I have been told that it is either an ECU problem or its to do with the air suspension. I have been in contact with 2 Audi main dealers who have told me to have the ECU tested, but no one seems to know where the ECU can be located. Can anybody help me please?:uhm:

The ECU on this car is located behind the trims in the N/S/R. The trims will have to be stripped to access. But you'll probably find that the problem is with a leaking rear shock absorber. The rear shocks on these cars are oil filled and the front ones are gas filled. The oil ends up in the valve block for the air suspension which is located under the car near the rear axle. [It has different coloured pipes attached to it] The oil swells the seals up in the valve block and restricts the flow of air to and from the air springs. If you trace the pipe from the N/S/R and the O/S/R and loosen the pipes on the valve block [black and blue pipes I think from memory] if an oily mist sprays out this is the cause. Be careful not to be under the car at the time they are loosened of course as the suspension will drop further. Can only be done safely on a ramp. If this is the case the affected shock will need to be replaced and also the valve block itself. Be sure to blow out the air lines to aviod a repeat repair as oil will remain in the lines.