Actual speed top tip

quattroa6

Reaction score
Does ever one know that if you want to know your actual speed while cruising.
if you get the computer to the average speed screen then reset it it will tell your digtal speed.
Have tried this with sat nav and it's spot on.

Just been to Germany and had lots of fun on the autobann's they are great my car is running well the old girl topped out 6500 rev's at 155 mph on the speedo The sat nav saying 236 kph which is 147.5 mph The wife not saying much just filming good girl.

Need a faster car with more power and move to Germany

Does ever one know that if you want to know your actual speed while cruising.
if you get the computer to the average speed screen then reset it it will tell your digtal speed.
Have tried this with sat nav and it's spot on.

Coincidence it match the sat nav speed. Too many varialbes for it to be spot on, different makes of tyres have different radius, tyre pressure will make a difference, also the difference between a new and worn tyre will all have an effect.

J.

Dont rely too much on sat nav speeds as the whole system is built on time delays so you really wont get a true reading either

My sat nav says my speedo is out by 5mph when I am doing 50 i am actually running 45 or so I thought till i got a speeding ticket for 55 in a 50 limit by radar. so if anything the sat nav is out by 5mph or so due to the time delayed signal from the satellite.

M

Sorry to burst the bubble