A6 Concert removal BIG problem!

Kiwi Kranker

Reaction score
Well it appears that with my brilliant ability (read with heavy tone of sarcasm:keule: ) to install my own ipod kit I appear to have stopped the trigger wire turning on the rear amp.

I go to remove the stereo using the proper keys but the right clip holding the stereo in does not want to release. Infact no amount of removal key twisting and turning will get it to release as it is like the clip release has disappeared but is firmly locked.

My question for which I desperately need help is

How can I remove the head unit when only one side unclips? Is there a way to force it out without breaking it or a way to work around it?

Massive amounts of respect to anyone who can help me with this. I am usually pretty handy and dont get into these situations but this one has me beaten (for now!)

Cheers for any help in advance!

I had a big struggle getting the head unit out when I fitted a handsfree kit recently, but patience and key-wiggling got there in the end. I'll try and take a photo of the release mechanism later so you can see which bits you need to push in which direction. I wouldn't think that force would be a good thing to apply to the head unit.

You could unclip the plastic surround from the console before removing the head unit - it might give you a bit of extra wiggle movement.

Cheers for the tip,

I managed to get it out in the end and it was through persistance. Turned out that the little metal tab that holdsthe stainless holding clip in had bent and had allowed this clip to end up quite far away from where it should have been.

So back to normal now with all speakers and sub working perfectly...thank goodness, have some big miles to do soon and I definitely want the stereo going!

:thrashi: