HID upgrade kit

maxlbrown

Deep Blue
Reaction score
VVME.COM are currently selling the HID upgrade kits for $55.99

I m ordering mine tonight i think.

This must be a steal at £25 for the h1 kit

M

That is quite cheap, very cheap in fact considering the weak dollar at the moment. How much was shipping though? You might get stung with customs charges and what not too.

I ordered it got stung $35 for shipping. I few others have ordered these from vvme.com and they where ok.

I was a bit peed about the shipping being nearly as much as the kit. But at £45 all in was still pretty good.

M

yes it works out at around £45ish and it comes as a gift so i didnt have to pay any charges on top, i think the other guys on here who have them will confirm that.
Well worth it considering what you get!

Kit arrived yesterday now need time and weather to install.

as you said sent as a gift nice customs dodge cost no more than original order value.

m

All fitted over the weekend. A bit fiddly. But i opted not to drop the lights out as i forsore an issue putting it all back and making the cables reach. so everything is easy to gget to should i need to make a change on side of the road.

Only one gripe.

It makes the high beams look a tad pathetic now. ill look into upgrading bulbs on these.

Else happy as a pig in S*&T

just need to get used to the way they come on.

M

This sounds to good to be missed!

4300's all round!

I have noticed that when i bought my car that one of my headlights (drivers side is about 3 inches higher that the left at about 4 feet from my garage door which is on the level.

Its not due to the light upgrade as it was like this before. I leveled them before the mot last time but the garge re adjusted them back to where they are now.

Is this correct. elsa win is no help on this.

The light adjusters all work fine. and the bulbs are fitted correctly. does not really bother me unless pulling up to the garge and no one flashes me.

Any thoughts.

m

mine are both level, you may have one a bit low - if no one is flashing you

How long did shipment take for the upgrade?

Mine took dead on a week to arrive.

Ordered sunday night delivered week monday or tuesday i was expecting up to 10 working days or two weeks.

M

Quick question for you guys, I am struggling to get a definitive answer on whether or not if I slot a VVME kit into my 99 A6 I will get a 'bulb out' warning?

Has anybody out there experienced this or do the new HID kits not cause this 'issue'.

Cheers in advance for any advice

No such problems on my kit at all

but when my standard bulbs blow i dont get anyhing anyway. I have had headlights bulbs blow and not a wiff of a warning. i am not even sure its fitted or functions on a 2000 x a6 which mine is.

you can get an add on from hid-direct which sorts this if you get this problem

Max

Thats exactly what I have been wanting to find out, Thanks Max I appreciate it....right off to buy a kit!

Kiwi,

I can confirm that on my 98 A6 the light warning light came on after I blew a fuse on my HID upgrade.

Not sure if that helps!

my bulb out warning works perfectly with my vvme kit '98 model

First hick up last night with my HIDs my OFF side headlight did not ignite. switched the lights off and on again failed, then the third time it was ok. Its been fine since then. I did not use the car for between 24-36 hous so wondering if the ballast lost some charge over that period. Hey ho ill keep an eye on it.

Max

Ok now im fed up

one ballast has died and they want $55 dollars shipping but are selling replacements for $9.99 plus $55 dollars shipping this is less than 4 months old with little use. Ive gone back to my phillips bulbs for now.

Thats sucks, but at the end of the day I guess its like everything and you get what you pay for.

I paid about £80 for my HID's and touch wood so far they havent missed a beat.

the worst part is these kits are the same as the ones uk distis are peddling for 180 quid.

still actually my lights are better using my phillips vision plus's as they colour the road better. the hids are fine for distance sign reading.

ill see what the supplier comes back with tommorrow, as to whether i replace the ballast.##

When I first got my kit I had a problem with a dodgy ballast - but since then they have both worked OK! Touch wood, I hope this stays that way!

Overall I am happy with the upgrade.

Here is the reply I received when I enquired about the warranty.

Dear Customer

Thanks for choosing our product, of course we can do resend, exchange or refund to sovle the problem, All of these are based on the policy which we listed on eBay.
As we tested all the kits before we shipped out, so first I want you double confirm which part is defectve,
Check with the Polarity, you may need to reverse the wires (Postive and Ground) to test it , Disable the Day Running Light, exchange each parts to make sure which part is defective. and make sure there is really a defective part.

If you still think there is some problem with it. You have the following options, but option 3 is recommended:
1. Send the WHOLE kit back to us, we will test it again, if there is really a problem we can do exchange or refund! If the problem comes from the products, we will cover all shipping fee, while if there is no problem with the products, you need to pay the shipping fee for shipping back.
2. Send defective part back to us, then pay $25 for shipping fee, so once we receive the defective part, we will send you a new part.
3. Just pay $35 to us, so you don't need to send the defetive part back to us, and once the payment received, we will send you the new part immediately. (That is only for one relay harness or one ballast or one bulb)

I guess if you are happy with the improvement they do provide, you are probably better off just ordering a complete kit based ont he prices given. At least then you have spares!

The suppliers are onto a right winner with the warranty!