c-locking issue

fergusd

Reaction score
2002 a6 with elec central locking . . . never use the key on the car alwas the emote but have noticed that while the car will lock and alarm through the key in the boot or drivers door it will not unlock/alarm sing the key.

vag-com shows :

01562 - Right Rear Door

59-00 - Can't Unlock

01562 - Right Rear Door

61-00 - Won't De-Safe

but the door works as expected (locks/unlocks/opens/etc).

could the door faults be causing the key isse ?

Fd

No resolution to this as yet but VAG-COM has revealed what appear to be incorrect lock feedback signals from the rear offside door . . . confirming the fault codes (VAG-COM - very good - first real time I've played with it in anger) . . . time to strip the door and the lock and see what gives . . .

Also - ELSA - another excellent tool . . .

With VAG-COM and ELSA there's no excuse to not be able to repair these cars ;-)

Fd

hi mate,

my rear door comes up with the same fault codes, its intermittent tho, so if i clear it it doesnt come back straight away. But i dont have any issues with my key.
Am also getting a fault on my drivers front door too however this is affecting the car and means sometimes my drivers puddle/interior lights dont come on and my headlamp warning buzzer doesnt always work. This is down to the motor/mechanism in the drivers door i understand......gotta be brave and take the door apart too!

Keep us updated as to how you get on stripping the door and good luck!