removing front bumper....

shufti

Reaction score
can anyone advise what i need to do to remove the front bumper on a 2000 a6?

thanks

i'll be able to tell you but not till next week lol ! thats when mine is coming off too !

Remove the belly pan underneath,

theres a couple of bolst in the the fron of the wheel arch that need to be removed. Remove the foglight grills, theres some behind there and then the obvious ones from the top, under the bonnet.

Simon

As per Simons mail.
After the belly pan you remove the foglight grill you'll find 2 allen head bolts (6 or 8mm) going vertically up into the bumper. Take these out.
Then working in the wheel arches disconnect as many of the screws holding the plastic liner as you need to peel back the front end of the car. This allows you to access 3 bolts that run through bumper into the wing (they're around 10mm) pull the bumper sides away from the wing by pulling out and down. Do this each side and the bumper should pull forward and down quite easily, just watch out not to pull it to far as you need to then disconnect the wiring to the 2 fog lights and 2 horns (1 per side)

thanks

do i need to remove the front wheels to get to the bolts behind the plastic inner wing liner or can this be accessed with the wheels on full lock?

I took mine off to get the bumper off when doing the timing belt. with the wheels on it might be a tight squeeze