Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

2000 a6 passenger window bother ! sticky..done a search, nothing is broken,any ideas?

took the panel off to check out the clips etc but nothing was broken or looked out of place...there is however some vertical play at the rear pillar end of the glass which when lifted cures it... about 2cm...when i lift it and press the button , it comes up ok...but seems to jam otherwise and the go back once it stalls.... what else can it be ? i'll try and post a video if it helps or if anyone has mhad this then can you tell me whats causing this...its a pain when you forget about it and someone opens it .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi is the window sticky going up but ok going down this is a common porblem. I had this problem on my S6 and it just needed a new guides for the window small plastic parts that attach to the guide at either side that the motor moves and attach to the bottom of the glass. Its a upgraded part I think if you guide is green or blue its the old one the new ones are red part number 4b0 837 463b listed as carrier you need 2 at 1.90 each. The parts are fairly easy to change you have to removed the door frame from the door shell it took me less than an hour to do the passenger front door on mine.

Reverse Gear

Status
    strange ! yes it seems to go tight up the way but drops fine...i will order these parts in ! thanks ! at that price, cant hurt to change them !!

1st Gear

Status
    You might not need new guides - I had a similar problem with my drivers side window and a good cleaning is all it needed.

If you do need the new bits make sure you get both the guide and the retainer. they were slightly different on my 98!
    1998 A6 Avant 2.5tdi Quattro Tiptronic Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    got the bits today. do it tomorrow.....is there a knack to it or anything specific to do ?

2nd Gear

Status
    if you search the threads there is a full procedure on here somewhere
    Enda1

96 S6 2.3T
    99 A6 1.8T SE
    93 80 2.0 (gone)
    93 Kawasaki ZZR600

Reverse Gear

Status
    put some spray silicon on the runners done the job for me

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am also in need of replacing the guides on both of my front windows. Can anyone advise where i can obtain these guides please without paying a fortune for them , I need 4 altogether and i notice that another guy bought these for 1.90 each but did not state where from ........
    anyone help please ?

1st Gear

Status
    Silicon spray (or wd 40) in the guide runners every now and again should sort it or at the worst water can get into the motor and rust one of the cogs up,strip, clean & grease and you can save your self 200 snakes for a new moter!

please speak slowly so i'll understand !

Status
    i now own the original poster's car ! and all it needed was a dousing in silicon spray !

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Cool diid anyone get the location and price for the runners in the end?
    cos i have the sam issue on my passenger side
    Audi A6 2.4 Quattro SE Cashmere Grey
    Audi Allroad 2.5 tdi (180) Quattro Limited Edition Metalic Silver

please speak slowly so i'll understand !

Status
    here you go ! look under a6 then interior parts then bingo !https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onean...dex.shopscript

try some silicon spray first though mate !

Reverse Gear

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-S3-A6-...QQcmdZViewItem
    This is the parts I needed to sort mine the silicon spray in the runners didnt work on mine.

Reverse Gear

Status

Window on A6

I agree with postings - I am on my second A6 and this is common - it seems the strips on the outside of window get ganked up with algae pollen dust etc and then cause stickiness which causes wear on guides - However if its still under warranty I would have them also check motor as on one occasion the motor on the window nmotor drive wore and needed replacement

Cheers

1st Gear

Status
    The main problem is that the "anti sprog with head out of window system" kicks in with the added friction and lowers the window.Mine was always worse after long wet periods where the joints must have swelled!

Neutral

Status
    My drivers door window would go down O.K. but not up again. I got a pair of the plastic guides - sold as a 'window repair kit' - from VAG parts for £7.76 incl. p & p
    These appear to be an uprated part from the original. I followed an article on Audiworld.com & the whole job took less than 2 hours without rushing.
    Turned out mine weren't worn but one was actually broken.