A6 Avant / Allroad Rear Door Blinds

PeteS

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to retro fit the rear door blinds to an Allroad. Audi sell the door blinds for £75 but told me that I need to replace the door cards as well at £300 each.

Failing that does anyone know where I can buy some large blinds that I can use on the rear doors of the Allroad.
Thanks
PeteS

depending on your year

try OESunshades.com

don't do the C5 just the later platform - I've asked. But I suppose if enough people ask they might look at doing a run

I have the sun blind option on my car (2001) but the rear quarters don't have any blinds. was looking for a tailored solution but no luck so far.

Tony T

Tony

Thanks for the reply. I looked up OEShades and then found that Kamei do sunshades that are tailored to fit the car. Have a look on www.kamei.de they do the rear quarters the the A6 Avant and a rear screen as well. I may well buy the rear door blinds.
Regards
Pete Seeva

You can buy these Genuine Audi Accessory Rear Window Blinds, 4B9064362, but unlike the factory fit models these sit on the top of the door trim. These co-incidently cost £75 so I think these are what you where quoted.

Most effective retro-fit blinds I've found are made by Windowsox and they're also about the cheapest at £23. They cover the door frame, allowing window to be used. As they're shaped to the individual doorframe there's no wind noise and they can be fitted/removed in seconds (though obviously not on the move as the door has to be opened). Have used them for '000s of miles on an A4, and wife's Polo. I got factory-fitted blinds in my new Allroad and rather regret spending £200...

I got my Audi aftermarket ones from these guys:

http://audi.autowebaccessories.com/store/audi-a6-rear-passenger-window-blinds-prod1151_11586.php

They were fantastic with support. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

I understand that retrofitting the OEM ones are quite expensive because the entire door panels need to be replaced, due to additional supports being necessary for the window shade doors. The best route there would be to get used panels that have shades, from a wrecker. They are extremely hard to find and even harder if you have an Avant like I do.

Good luck!