Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits

Thread: Wierd nosie!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Wierd nosie!!

I have recently noticed a weird noise when I turn my steering wheel to the right!! It kind of sound like 2 balloons rubbing together but really loud!! It only happens when I turn it right though! I noticed when it rains for a while the sound goes away! I'm thinking it may be a dry bushing but not 100%! Any body have this problem or know what I should do? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Deep Blue

Status
    dry joints behingd the steering wheel.

I had this problem search for posts. I squirted white grease between the steering wheel and the plastic shim in front of the steering colomn cowel
    A6 2.4Se Man
    Bmw 520Ise Auto

Reverse Gear

Status
    doesn't sound like it's coming from the steering wheel. It's coming from the right side of the car. By the right front wheel.

Ride It Like You Love It

Status
    Don't know if this will help but it could be something really simple like the plastic protective shielding (under the wing) has come loose and is rubbing against the tyre as you turn. Have you changed the wheels recently, driven over any pot holes or got something caught under the car as your driving? Bit of a long shot but a very easy fix.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can't see anything stuck! When I washed it this weekend I sprayed in the passenger front wheel well and the noise stopped for while! Would spraying some WD-40 mess anything up? I can spray a couple of the bushings and joints until it stops but don't the WD-40 messing anything else up!

It's just a "common problem"

Status
    Damn - you shoulda sprayed 'em one at a time till it stopped. There's alot of balljoints and bushes under there... Might be an idea to lift the wheel up by the wishbone underneath and try it then to see if it stops the noise - that would indicate screwed bushes...