Wierd nosie!!

DjDiddles

Reaction score
I have recently noticed a weird noise when I turn my steering wheel to the right!! It kind of sound like 2 balloons rubbing together but really loud!! It only happens when I turn it right though! I noticed when it rains for a while the sound goes away! I'm thinking it may be a dry bushing but not 100%! Any body have this problem or know what I should do? Thanks!

dry joints behingd the steering wheel.

I had this problem search for posts. I squirted white grease between the steering wheel and the plastic shim in front of the steering colomn cowel

doesn't sound like it's coming from the steering wheel. It's coming from the right side of the car. By the right front wheel.

Don't know if this will help but it could be something really simple like the plastic protective shielding (under the wing) has come loose and is rubbing against the tyre as you turn. Have you changed the wheels recently, driven over any pot holes or got something caught under the car as your driving? Bit of a long shot but a very easy fix.

Can't see anything stuck! When I washed it this weekend I sprayed in the passenger front wheel well and the noise stopped for while! Would spraying some WD-40 mess anything up? I can spray a couple of the bushings and joints until it stops but don't the WD-40 messing anything else up!

Damn - you shoulda sprayed 'em one at a time till it stopped. There's alot of balljoints and bushes under there... Might be an idea to lift the wheel up by the wishbone underneath and try it then to see if it stops the noise - that would indicate screwed bushes...