engine stall, 2.5tdi multitronic

S

shabazmo

My audi 2.5tdi 101K miles has today developed a stalling problem. when the engine is idling, the car will stall after a few seconds. It happens about 30% of the time and occurs in any gear, N, D, P, or R. I filled up with fuel earlier today from Q8 and am beginning to wonder whether it is bad fuel. The car runs normally and doesn't seem to lose any power but the fuel consumption reading appears to have increased.

Has anyone any ideas.

Regards

I have now been able to put VAf COM on the car and it shows 2 faults.
00575 - Intake manifold pressure 08-10 - control limit surpassed - intermitent
17583 - pre injection turned off P1175 - 35-10 intermitent. Does anyone know what needs replacing

You may find that you need your Crankcase breather filter replacing!

I used to display the same intake manifold pressure fault and then plumes of white smoke started bellowing from my exhausts, when pulling up to a junction.

After replacing this filter the car runs a lot smoother.

Thanks for the information. Yestareday the car staled and would not start. White smoke did come from the exhaust and when I put vagcom on it again it found another fault.
My Audi 2.5tdi 101K miles has today developed a stalling problem. When the engine is idling, the car will stall after a few seconds. It happens about 30% of the time and occurs in any gear, N, D, P, or R.

I have now been able to put VAG COM on the car and it shows 2 faults.
00575 - Intake manifold pressure 08-10 - control limit surpassed - intermitent
17583 - pre injection turned off P1175 - 35-10 intermitent.
The following day, the car started and then won’t start. Following fault was found. 01126 Engine speed signal
16-10 Signal outside specification – Intermittent
Fault codes cleared but the engine still doesn’t start.
Can you tell me where the crankcase breather filter is.
Regards

Sorry not much help on that front as I didnt replace mine.

According to my mechanic, the turbo had to be removed.

Go to this thread called '00 2.5tdi clouds of white smoke!!! (
multipage.gif
1 2) in the diesel forum

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=19757