i got a 2000 1.8t avant tipronic, it seems to run perfect other than really bad fuel economy...... 16-22 mpg average.
i done a vag com scan and got this back
17965 charge pressure control valve positive deviation
17834 evap purge valve (n80) open circuit
i checked out the 17965 on the web and got back these possible culprits
1. Activated charcoal filter solenoid valve 1 (N80)
2. Secondary air inlet valve (N112)
3. Secondary air inlet pump relay (J299)
4. Wastegate Bypass Regulator Valve (N75)
5. Fuel system diagnostic pump (V144)
6. Recirculating valve for turbocharger (N249)
so I thought I'd start with replacing the n80 as it may be the cause of both faults........ does anyone know where abouts it is in the engine and what does it look like? is it an easy replace?
any other suggestions other than the n80?