More power 2.5tdi quattro

fakie

Reaction score
I have my A6 Avant 2.5tdi quattro chipped to 210bhp. Whats next?

From what i've found so far, not a lot without major alterations to engine components. The fuel pump won't go much further. I can't find an induction kit, not even a K&N filter. I have now turned my attention to suspension and brakes, the Koni FSDs have made a big improvement, still exploring whats available for brakes.
What chip do you have by the way? Have you had it dynoed - Turbochip claimed 210, dyno says 196.

fjtwelve said:
I have now turned my attention to suspension and brakes, the Koni FSDs have made a big improvement, still exploring whats available for brakes.

So did you get the engine fixed then?

Star start work next week. While i'm waiting for the verdict which I fear will be RIP, I've been hunting replacement engine quotes, looking at £3500 ish plus labour.

Anyone who has had a remap on the A6 180 TDI...
Does it pull stronger from lower down ? I have flat as the proverbial witches tit until 1700rpm. For me, if the rechip doesn't tackle this by at least a couple or 3 hundred rpm, I'm not sure it's for me. Torque curves don't seem to figure in chippers sales lit from what I've seen.
Anyone had a good experience ? Where from ?
Cheers.

Thanks for that A6Quattro. I should say I was put off the r&s site by the 20 inch wheels featuring above everything else and only the Toureg mentioned re the 2.5tdi. Somebody has to cater for the vulgar well- heeled I guess
Still non the wiser though, the remapped curves don't seem to offer much at lower revs than standard. Driveability should tell more, I was hoping there would be someone out there that's remapped and happy?