Low Loader!

StevoA6

Reaction score
Right lets get this picture out of the way!!!

Had a meeting yesterday in Cardiff for a potential new job and I was going to park in the car park where the Company was based. I was driving down the road and this STUPID idiot drove right out of a T-junction RIGHT infront of me, so I did whats only natural and tried to put my foot through the floor to stop. I only just missed hitting her - nearly T boned her car - then the problem started. Brakes seized on. Brake pedal wouldnt release and all rear brake lights glowing with me standing away from the car. The car was NOT going anywhere - I did try. I was now blocking the car park until I was rescued!

This low loader collected my car - was going to lower the car but only just managed to get on the lorry with cm's to spare at the front bumper - and took back to a local Audi dealer.

They said they couldn't look at it until tomorrow afternoon - Friday, but that hasn't happened! Can't see me having my car back until at least Tuesday/Wednesday! Spoke to Audi today and they said that the lights have now turned off - battery died by now I guess!! Brake lights had been on for about 12hrs and my car's been standing for 30hrs so far and will be there all wknd!!:mad:

Exchanged details with the 'blind' driver and both insurance companies wouldn't get involved cause we didn't actually crash. Didnt think it was an insurance issue but I thourght I would try anyway. She did admit she was in the wrong.

Wont find out till at least Monday/Tuesday before they'll let me know what the diagnostics will tell me what the problem is and how much it's gonna cost HER. She'll have the bill - I know where she works or I might have to go to small claims court!

Not happy - I'm now driving my dads Toyota Prius!!

Think you might have trouble sueing her for damages. Spoke to my old man (also happens to be a magistrate) and he said that a mechanical failure cannot be blamed on someone just because they caused the situation (i.e. it's coincidence that she was the one who caused you to brake hard, it could have been any number of other braking situations and no impact was made). And unfortunately, a small claims court case is not free or necessarily cheap.

So it seems that with idiots who pull out in front of you, it is actually more cost-effective to plough into them and get a full repair/new car.

Your right there PlebbyChris - since this happened 2 weeks ago I've taken lots of advice from various legal people and they've said exactly what you've said - it's just coincidental. Doesn't help me financially.

IN-A3 - it's the servo that gone and the master cyclinder is fine - thats not what Audi said - trying to rip me off for a part that doesnt need replacing plus the labour! Should be back on the road in a week. Lets hope - there's a full tank that I can't use!:racer:

One thing I may get compo for is from the rescue company who brought my car back from AUDI - they scratched 3 out of 4 alloys with the metal rings from the securing straps. Wheels are only 2 months old! They're saying no but I've sent photos of the scratches with the ring marks still on the tyres - looks promising so far.

You could always do what everyone else seems to be doing these days, sue them for stress. Anything psychological is very hard to disprove, just say that the woman pulling out in front of you has scared you to the point of struggling to drive and put you into a depression spiral - watch her start to sweat then, he he.

I was going to say the same about it not really being her fault. It was nice of her to admit responsibilty. Sounds like a crap driver but a decent motorist if you know what i mean.

My S4 (b5) had to be taken away on a flatbed and it suffered from the same front bumper scrapes. In the end it needed a more modern lifter where the top dropped to the floor. Courtesy of Greenflag that is.

ah right... I would go, but I'd fall asleep!

worked 9:30pm yesterday, till midday today, and I'm back in at 9 for a few hours :(