Which A6

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
currently i'm looking to change the golf, which I said around a year ago when considering an A3 .. which I didn't like as the seats were hard. Anyway i'm looking at the previous generation A6 with the 2.5 auto, but can I find many on an 04 plate ?? most are the 1.9's but I feel this would be to small to pull a big car. I've considered the new model but most that are in my budget are the 2.0 and manual and I really think I should be looking at auto's. I've driven the D5 Volvo S60 Auto and despite the badge I liked it, so what are peoples suggestions/for's/against for the A6

I recently traded in my '04 2.5tdi sport avant auto (multitronic) for my current 3.0 tdi quattro and I really loved the car. Great build quality, reliable, powerful, smooth and practical. A friend of mine had the 1.9 which I felt was a little under-powered and noisy by comparison. I originally looked at an S60 D5 (having previously owned an '01 S60 2.0t, which I liked) but the Audi was so much more refined, plus I needed the extra space so I went for it.

I was sad to see it go, but my new one is even better!

3.0 would be nice but I don't want to spend much more than 15k, its not that the car isn't worth it but just that I don't like losing lots of money ! Thanks for your input though, the space isn't an issue as there is only two of us.

SteveTDCi said:
3.0 would be nice but I don't want to spend much more than 15k, its not that the car isn't worth it but just that I don't like losing lots of money ! Thanks for your input though, the space isn't an issue as there is only two of us.

You should be able to get a decent 04 plate 2.5Tdi for £15k. I traded mine in for £14.5k (46k miles) and the dealer put it up for £16.5k, so presumably somebody got it for about £15.5k to £16k? There are quite a few Audi approved ones currently on their website, providing you're prepared to travel.

Go for it - you won't be disappointed!

If space isnt an issue then I would go for an A4 intead of the 6.

For me the A4 is too small with 3 kids and a dog.
A quick look on used Audi would give you an A6 2.5tdi for that sort of money
but you wont get leather or quattro or sport for that much. The A4 has to be the better option.

Cheers

Simon

I'd like leather but can retro fit, again i'd like the 180 quattro, there is only 2 of us so A4/6 doesn't matter but I like the look of the A6. I've been on autotrader and audi but cannot find anything that suits.

Both nice but it needs to be an 04 plate onwards and a saloon and auto !!!! not that i'm picky. I've found something but its the 163 and I "think" I want quattro and its also got vanilla interior, which I can put up with if its cream and not yellow,

I agree, but once you have had quattro you never want to go back. I left once and came back, never again.

I presume if you are after an 04 plate you want the newer C6 chassis then?

There doesnt seem to be too many 180 q sports about.

I saw mine when I was taking my 10 year old nephew to look at some cars as hes mad on them.

I came back with my latest 2.5tdi q sport, grey leather, sympthony 2
(a must for me to refit my RNS-e, BT and Phatbox)
Heated seats etc. Basically it has everything I want apart from a Multifunction steering wheel.

But they seem to be few and faw between

Your right in what you are saying, hold out until what you really want comes along.

Cheers

Simon

I prefer the older chassis, the new ones are just a little more than I want to pay or have above average mileage. Not that its a problem its just buying a car with 85k and then running it for 5 years adding a further 75k will take its toll and lose me a lot of money !