JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Question Need new brakes, Want bigger! help plz

Well after owning my car now for nearly 3 years and not changing my brakes i'm pretty sure the pads are glazed over and the discs have seen better days so basicially in need of new discs n pads and i'll do all of em while i'm at it.

I'm running 20" wheels on it which i'm sure has increased the pressure put on the brakes to stop it so i'm looking to increase in diameter on the front and back if possible to just get a bit more control and ease the pressure puton them.

I read somewhere that u can get a bracket off a TT to make the front brakes the same size as on tt's which is a few mm bigger, as the 1.9tdi and smaller engine model a6's came with smaller front discs.

Or i may look as a S6/RS6 conversion? technically all i'd need were the calipers and if low usage the discs n pads too?

And anyone had any good experiences with uprated drilled/grooved discs, i've heard bad things about EBC, any other reccomendations

Any info much appreciated as i'm new to modding VAG cars performance wise, oh any tuning companies/websites that i could browse or other forums???

Cheers, jack

2. # ADS
    ADS

Finally got my A6

Status
    what about some Porsche brakes? Big Blacks or Big Reds? my old 944 S2 has big black so if I get a chance before I sell her I was gonna look at the caliper mount on them and compare it to the A6. What more would you need, Porsche written down the side you see and Brembo down the other.

TonyT
    2001 A6 Avant 1.8t, she's a little beauty.

Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly.

AJO
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyT
    what about some Porsche brakes? Big Blacks or Big Reds? my old 944 S2 has big black so if I get a chance before I sell her I was gonna look at the caliper mount on them and compare it to the A6. What more would you need, Porsche written down the side you see and Brembo down the other.

TonyT
    Totally agree with this, when i upgrade, il be looking at porsche, i did on the cavalier

Finally got my A6

Status
    you fitted porsche stoppers on your cavvie, what ones fitted? loved my old cavvie.

my worry is finding suitable caliper brackets.

TonyT
    2001 A6 Avant 1.8t, she's a little beauty.

Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly.

AJO
    1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, i loved my cav, it was one of the cleanest around!

2nd Gear

Status
    cheers guys, never thought of that, umm any idea on sorta prices? breakers i guess is the way to go?