Remove tail-gate trim on '03 plate A6 Avant

jonrankin

Reaction score
Hi, my rear wash / wipe has started leaking internally when the washer is used, filling the trim on the tail-gate door with fluid. How do I get the interior trim off the tailgate to get to the wash / wipe mechanism??

Seems to be a familiar problem with VAG cars - have had similar probs with a Passat Estate and a Golf (twice), and have decided not to contribute £100+ to my local Audi dealers profits getting them to look at it!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Jon

Just remove the obvious screws and pull Hard. They're a tw@t to get off, just very stiff.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Unfortunately there are no obvious screws - the whole thing looks as though it is clipped in place. The only problem is, I don't want to try yanking it all off only to find that I have trashed the interior trim in the process.

If I remember correctly on my old car, there may be screws covered under grommits, or even in the pull down panel where the warning triangle lives.

If I had my old car I would have a look for you, but gone back to a saloon.

Simon

i don't know if this will help, but, the saloon has two carpet covered screws on the lower edge of the trim and two further screws inside the internal tail gate closure handle.

the rest is just trim clips.

as i said i don't know if that helps but may give you a clue where to start looking.