A6 TDi Multitronic problems

Maggot

Reaction score
I've got a 3 year old A6 Avant with a 2.5TDi engine and an Multitronic gearbox. It has started juddering when pulling away. Juddering is between 1200 and 1400 revs. Has anyone else had this problem, what causes it and what the solution is ?

Is this pulling away in a straight line or around a corner?

Maggot said:
I've got a 3 year old A6 Avant with a 2.5TDi engine and an Multitronic gearbox. It has started juddering when pulling away. Juddering is between 1200 and 1400 revs. Has anyone else had this problem, what causes it and what the solution is ?

Clutch slip - I had this problem on my 04 2.5tdi multitronic and the gearbox had to come out to change the clutch. I was told by the dealer that there are clutches on the multitronic box which wear or slip and need adjusting or replacing.
Fortunately mine was under warranty, but I know it was quite a big job to fix. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

meatychi said:
Is this pulling away in a straight line or around a corner?

Either. The garage is saying that the gearbox oil should be changed at 40,000 miles. I bought the car when it had 36,000 miles on the clock and part of the deal was that it would be fully serviced so I assume that the gearbox oil would have been changed as nobody told me that it should be changed 4,000 miles later ! In any case, the first I knew about the need to change the g/box oil every 40K miles was last week when I took the car to my local Audi dealership and they gave me the bad news about the input shaft (problem being caused by g/box oil not having been changed !)