1998 2.4V6 30v SE Suspension Creak

mjhamilton

Broooom Brooom Brooom!!
Reaction score
My A6 has done this for a few years but i just cannot locate the culprit... normally when the outside temp is a warm and dry I get a creaking coming from the drivers side front suspension.. i can also feel it thru the steering wheel..... this is only really felt at speeds below 10 mph or so..

Have taken to a few garages but they can find no loose, worn or damaged bushes and of course on cooler damp days the problem goes away...

Anyone else had this??.. maybe know what it could be??

friend of mine's father had a 97 2.4 A6 which had a wrong sound at slow speed in turns.was looked at under warranty several times but was never quite fixed. I didn't get the details about it at the time

Up until recently I've been getting a lot of creaking but I've just replaced all of the front suspension arms, CV joints, tie-rod ends and shocks - the works. Most of it has gone but every now and again one comes up. Think one of the suspension arms might be over-torqued (my brother got carried away with his new dewalt impact drill).

I think there will always be a certain amount of creaking, unfortunately it's innevitable due to the amount of components in the suspension setup.