Heated Mirrors (Retro fitting)

nhenty

Reaction score
Website
www.planet-audi.net
Does anyone know if it is possible (and the cost) to retrofit heated mirrors to an A6. Mine is I believe the 1998 model albeit registered in sept 97.

Unheated mirrors in this weather are a pain!!

Cheers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

nobby

yes it's possible - you can even retro-fit the folding mirrors too, but that's mega bucks (around £400 per mirror!!)

I'll find out exactly how much it will be and let you know.

Thanks Cocktaildesigner, it'll be interesting to know how many of my (hard-earned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif) pennies it will cost.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good news for ya!

The heated mirrors are actually just replacement mirror glass with the heating elements inside. The elements are powered from the motor which moves the mirrors anyway. There are two extra spade terminals on the back of the heated mirror glass which need to be connected to the existing power loom there.

Near-side (passenger) code - 4B0 857 535A (N/S Mirror Glass heated with carrier plate)

Off-side (driver) code - 4B0 857 536D (O/S Mirror Glass heated with carrier plate)

Pricing - N/S = £22.44 inc VAT
Pricing - O/S = £36.43 inc VAT

If it's easier, you can call Eren in Parts Dept @ Wimbledon Audi - he said he can send the bits out to you if you want to order it. 02086875600.

There ya go!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

More recent models 98-99 onwards have them fitted as standard. They are activated with the heated rear window

Thanks Anito

I shall add them to my list of "things I want to buy".