exhaust fumes smell very rich possible cause ?

How is the car running?? Performace etc?
Have you changed your fuel supplier?

car seems to be running fine however petrol consumption has gone up a bit ive not changed fuel suppliers

When are you smelling this, while on the move or when stationary?

When was the last time you had a service?

i only smelt it this morning when it was idleing might just be because it was first thing this morning

if fuel consumption has gone up it is possibly the engine temp sensor. keep an eye on your fuel bills. My local audi garage explained the engine temp sensors can fail (only about £12 and they had ten in stock). This fools the ecu into thinking the car is colder than it actually is and drops a bit more fuel in, on a bit of choke as it were. eventually it will cause rough running, not sure what else

or it might be nothing :think:

TonyT

what car/model??????????

IVE GOT SAME SYMPTOMS!!!!,except mine takes around 3-4 seconds to fire/start up,instaed of the usual 1 second.

Ive changed temp sensor,about 2 -3 months ago(noticed no difference) still strong smell smell and heavy on fuel,mainly localy.:wtf:

A4 TDI 130. (B6)

vw754 said:
what car/model??????????

IVE GOT SAME SYMPTOMS!!!!,except mine takes around 3-4 seconds to fire/start up,instaed of the usual 1 second.

Ive changed temp sensor,about 2 -3 months ago(noticed no difference) still strong smell smell and heavy on fuel,mainly localy.:wtf:

A4 TDI 130. (B6)

im on about the 1.8 turbo petrol