New member (Hi!) and a problem:(

rio678

Reaction score
Hi everyone

i wonder if you can shed some light on this, My 1996 Audi A6 2.5 TDI auto, it acts up sometimes, car sometimes is juddery when going and yesterday the glow plug light was flashing when i was going along. What does this mean? i checked my owners manual but nothing about it.

Hello & :sign_welcome: to the site.

Check the MAF as it is generally the first point of problem. iwould suspect the ECU may be at fault as well hence the glow plug light. Best bet is find some one close to you with vagcom and check it. there seems to be a number of people on the site with it and are up north so you should not need to look far.

Sorry not to much help.

Welcome any way

the coil light also works as an engine management warning light if it is flashing when you are driving along it is indicating a fault.

the general fault when this happens is a fault with the brake light switch.

get someone to check the operation of your brake lights as a starting point.

the bake light switch has two curcuits one operates the lights the second tells the engine ecu you are braking.

if the two curcuits are not working together it indicates in the form of the flashing coil light.

it MAY also give you a small running fault in that the ecu ******* the engine when you are braking.

worth a try for the price they are.

matt