fitting a new streo

TonyT

Finally got my A6
Reaction score
anyone had any joy fitting a stereo and still being able to use the security flap?

if the red display matched i'd not be fussed with the flap but mine is an orange shade (Nakamichi cd400). Currently working on making my own facia trim (from an A4 trim I had lying around) so my unit sits slight further back and the flap will close.

Spent a bit if time this afternoon looking at it, dismantling the trim on the centre console. If I cut the flap backing in line with the vol button it might fit.

Has anyone found a source for facia adapters other than autoleads?

TonyT

I think I've seen them in Halfords... I had an aftermarket Blaupunkt unit in an A3 1.8t Q I had once and it needed them too- although (I didn't fit it) when I took it out I found they had been hacksawed to fit!
I'm going to have the same problem as you with my current A6 2.8Q when I come to retrofit a Blaupunkt Satnav head- let me know how you get on...

You're in 'central scotland' too yeah? We must be the only people north of the border on this!

not many scottish bods on here then?

i've got the auto leads facias and agree they are not a great fit or colour match but they are all that is available that I know of hence the attempt at customising an a4 one.

part of me thinks this is just too much work and i should dump the nakamichi and buy something else.....although I love the plain styling and the sound quality of the nak. Been looking at becker units as I found during a search they do some that pretty much match the audi red stereo colour and have outstanding sound quality.

Will let you know how I get on.

If i ever find the charger for my digi camera I might even get a photo or two sorted out :D

TonyT