Comfort/Central Locking Module Issues

judge888

Judge
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been told the module is located under the carpet below the passenger seat (UK Left side/Nearside). Can someone tell me exactly where the module is located? Will I be able to access it/see it without taking the passenger seat out?

Symptoms:
Remote to central lock the car working intermittently (this started today)
Comfort lights flashing intermittently while driving along
Central locking locks and unlocks intermittently while driving along
All windows coming down when I unlock the car & open a door

Car: A6 Avant Quattro 1.8T SE
Model Year: 2000

Vagcom is not showing errors.

TIA

Andy

timps said:
Very similar post with your symptoms here

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33479

The keylock switch I suggest was at fault is actually in the drivers door lock itself. The wires attached to the cylinder lock are for heating.

timps, I found that thread this afternoon. Some reason, could not find it via the search facility. Thanks. I am gonna disconnect the lock switch as you suggested and see if that stops the symptoms tomorrow. Can I just replace the faulty keylock switch or do I need to get a whole new lock? Will I need to key the new lock if so? Thanks again. A

Unfortunately the wires going to the door lock cylinder itself IIC are only for heating the key cylinder in icy weather .

In my original post I wrongly assumed the faulty switch was also contained in the key cylinder, when I checked the schematics it is actually in the drivers door lock / module itself.

So right switch wrong location.

Replacing this drivers door lock /module should clear the fault & the key cylinder should be ok so no new key needed.

however the new lock is around 90 pounds plus VAT.

To get to it, you need to remove the door trim, the window assembly, then the lock. You need two different sizes of Torx tool, one for the window, another for the lock.

The switch might be replaceable, but I hadn't got the tool necessary for the window, so I couldn't dig far enough to find out.

If you work the lock repeatedly with the key, the problem may go away for a while - it did for me.