fault code 17545

gaz238

Reaction score
getting the following fault code from vag com - 17545 - fuel trim bank 1 (add):system too rich. it gives possible problems with the maf, injectors, o2 sensor etc. can anyone advise on how to narrow it down to the problem. am i right in thinking it probably isn`t the maf as it is an add reading and not mult. this is the first time i have used vag com and am not sure how to use the measuring blocks to find more specific problem. i am thinking of cleaning the maf or replacing the o2 sensor. i know were the maf is but not the o2 sensor. is it easy to replace ?? any advice would be greatly appreciated as i can`t really afford to go to audi at the moment.

check your temp sensor. local audi garage told me they are about £12 and they carry 10 or so in stock because they do fail.

if your car thinks it's colder than it is it will be running rich (more choke so to speak)

TonyT

its a 2002 2.0 petrol cvt a6 avant (the slug of the range) but its ok managed to find it - back of the engine under air duct. i have now also noticed that the temp gauge in the car is behaving very erratically - after getting up to 90 it will just slowly come right down to 0 whilst driving along and then back up again. i have ordered the part from vagcom £20 all in. i have read that the old blue ones have a fault but mine is the newer green one. i hope this solves the problem and its not the thermostat, don`t really want to drop the coolant as have only very basic mechanical knowledge but am tryng to learn. thanks again

no worries, hope this is the source of the fault and easily corrected.

Good Luck

TonyT

fixed the temp sensor no problem and gauge now bang on 90. thought this had solved the problem but warning light came on again today with same fault codes - 17545 and 17887 which refers to the brake booster. i now think i have a vacuum leak somewhere but all the hoses look ok. car is running fine so think i`ll just keep clearing the light with vag com unless someone knows a good way of finding vacuum leaks

fixed the temp sensor no problem and gauge now bang on 90. thought this had solved the problem but warning light came on again today with same fault codes - 17545 and 17887 which refers to the brake booster. i now think i have a vacuum leak somewhere but all the hoses look ok. car is running fine so think i`ll just keep clearing the light with vag com unless someone knows a good way of finding vacuum leaks

Hi, I have a 2001 A4 2.0 ltr petrol, CVT, I have fault codes 17887 and 17545, the car stutters at up to 2k revs, after this it is fine, I have checked and replaced two vacuum pipes, but it hasn't cured it? anyone else had this problem and cured it. Thanks