Clonk behind O/S/R seat???

alibob

Liskeard Classic Cars
Reaction score
Hello chaps.
Was going to ask why my drivers window goes down but not up but I have sorted that one thanks to this forum (I replace clips etc though it wil have to bearaldite/cable ties fo now).
My other problem is that the As has developed aclonk that appears to be coming from the top of the split seat mechanism or seat belt behind me. I will tak it in to my garage tomorrow and check suspension etc but it doesnt appear to be related to bumps in the road....Any ideas>

AND...Can anyone reccomend an independent in or around Liskeard in Cornwall? I need to get both the A4 and the A6 (both diesels) fitted with new timig belts and tensioners and I dont fancy doing it myself.
Cheers

So.....Fixed the window for now thanks to the tech help. A6 is slightly different but made a supporting brace as well as the Araldite bodge. Checked all the suspension and couldn't find anything so on the way home I left the passenger r/h side seat back down....and guess what?...no noise. Must be something in the seat back lock mechanism.

Wheel bearings on the A4 next!