Anyone got an older red audi?

TonyT

Finally got my A6
Reaction score
How is the paint fairing up? spreading my search for an a6 to include the bright red colour, not sure on the audi name, just wondering if it is starting to go pink like some other cars i've seen

My old vauxhall was oxidising, but it was about 12 years old. Just wondering how audi's fair as they get older as the cars i've been looking at are prob 6-7 years old. Don't fancy getting a red one the in a few years its a pink one!

is the factory red got a clear coat on top or just a solid colour with no c/c?

TonyT

hey, i've got a 98 red A6, the paint is fairing up well and is still a deep red, no real signs of oxidation. im no expert but i dont think there is a clear coat, its just solid colour.

My 1998 Red A6 deffinatly has a Clear Coat.. 100% certain on that too

and it still looks as good as it would of on Day one :)

thought it might have as any i have seen are shiney.

my old cavalier was just primer and top coat, paint suffered. a good polish brought it up but it didn't last.

good news on the paint then, better start looking for red ones too now.

:yahoo:

TonyT

Yup vauxhall flame red is single stage paint...

and it fadesreally really badly!

Audi paint does not have this problem though!

We had a 1989 red Audi 80 2.0 SE that went pink. I spent 2 days with Tcut cut it back twice then colour polished it up it was red again - for 6 months. We gave up trying to keep it red, it eventually died at 202000miles in 2003 when the cambelt snapped but the body was completely intact albeit vaguely pink. I think they've fixed the problem now.