lights warning alert ?

bigblokey0

Reaction score
should my car have a warning alert when i leave my lights on and open the door its a 1.8 t

yes... if the ignition is off..

Does the drivers side footwell light work?

The gong in the instrument cluster could have gone wrong
Using Vag-com this can be tested
Section called final control this will test all the clusters functions
If this has gone they say it will need a nerw cluster but people have replaced the gong before, bought from Maplins

Check the interior lights turn on and off too - OK
Check to see if it works with the Parking lights

the interior lights all work ok and the gong doesnt work with the parking lights either did all a6 audis come with this feture do you know?

YES IT SHOULD WORK BUDDY
Do you know anyone with vag-com if not it will be a trip to the local Dealer to have it check 15 mins that should take!

Tell them you want final control carried out on the cluster to check the gong function
It won't store a fault
It can be replaced if the cluster is stripped down

what is vag-com ?

i dont have a local dealer my nearest dealer is half hour away and then you have to book an appointment and i dont have the time at the mo for that

when you mention cluster you mean where all the clocks are if so thats a ball ache of a job wouldnt it just be easier to fit a diy one for a fiver

Vag-com is the diagnostic equipment bought outside the dealer network, even though you can buy the orignal one from the dealer but will cost ££££

Removing the cluster is easy, but to be honest the one from Halfords will do the trick

Has anyone got VAG-COM local too you???

ahhh so vag-com is like a tech-2 machine that you plug in ?

i dont know anyone in my region as im still a newbie and havnt been to any meets yet