Allroad 7 seat conversion ???

gav210770

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about adding extra row or rear facing seats to allroad - I know they are an optional extra as new - mine does not have them but need more seats - new arrival and love my allroad - any advise on obtaining, fitting much appreciated
thanks

Be aware that unless they are approved under the new legislation it will not be legal to put children in them.
If they are approved then they will have a label on them showing the approval - off the top of my head it is something like EU 44.03, Im sure you can confirm that with a bit of digging.

I've just been through this for our Volvo with 7 seats (the rears are child seats), but in trying to find the real status I spoke to police, vosa, volvo and the dept of transport, got 'dont knows' from most - finally ended up talking to the man who was responsible for drafting the the legislation. Its a bag of worms.

eg the merc E-class has a seven seat option and the rear seats are NOT approved. So only adults can use them, like anyone would fit. unless boosters are fitted - which would make it legal, but merc say dont use boosters with the fold up rear seats.

time for a T4 or T5 ?