WISHBONE SUSPENSION UPPER FRONT ARM

l66hod

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you all had a good new year :thumbsup: and are just about recovered from all of the celebrations..:Flush:

any way now a question..:sos: does anyone have any info on changing the front O/S upper and lower arms on the A6. the one with the ball joints fitted. Got an advisor on the M.O.T and want to get them done asap. So any help or advice would be great..

Thanks all ...

I changed the CV boot some months ago and can advise as follows.

There are if I can recall 2 upper arms and 2 lower arms. For the lower arms, you will require a ball joint separator scissors type that has a wide jaw of about 50mm. I used Trident T432100 from J&S Products. Yiu will also have to remove the brake caliper and shield to gain better access.
The top 2 arms are held in place a horizontal nut and bolt. Get a new one as the original will probably be seized and is a pain to get off. I had to use a haammer and lots of effort. Use plenty of lube. If you can get round both problems the rest should be OK.

thanks for the advice..

its the full arms that i will be replacing so hopefully just a few nuts an bolts to remove then by the sounds of it..

thanks again....