Does anyone know how to by-pass the Secondary Air Injection System on a 4.2?

Texas-A6-4.2

Reaction score
My question is this: How do you bypass this useless system (the cats warm up real fast so I do not get it), but the tricky part is how do you keep your systems ECU from alerting on it? The check engine light is the main issue here as well as the ECU diagnostics.

In the part of Texas where I reside you can not pass state emissions (you cannot begin to test) if the check engine light is on. Mine is on due to the two Kombi valves (one on each bank) being bad. I know that the car can and will pass the emissions tests, but none of the shops will touch the car so long as the CEL is on.

Resetting the CEL with VAG is not the answer either, all the shops here can tell that it has been reset recently and will not test any car until 50-75 miles after the reset has occurred, and by that time my CEL is back on again.

Thanks
Adrian

i'm just thinking of the 2.7t some tuners switch off the lambda sensors when tuning to a high state. maybe if you could get someone to do that the light would go out, just a thought.

Hmmmm, did not think about just seeing if I could turn off the Lambda sensors with the watered down version of VAG software I have, but I will look into it.

Thanks!