allroad lack of low down power

roddy

Reaction score
morning
i have allroad 2.5 tdi which has lack of low down power checked fuel and changed maf but still the same any one with any ideas before im hamered by garage roddy:blackrs4:

Hi

Could you be more specific,If's it's the V6 tdi it's noted for lack of bottom end torq due to it's massive turbo that dunt wind up until at least 1800/2000

Hi Jason

See it is not only me LOL.

What makes me laugh is NOWHERE in any reviews did I see this mentioned.

If it is simply turbo lag, surely it would have been mentioned somewhere other than here.

If it is such a prevailing gripe with owners then there must be a fix.

Biggles

Jason said:
Hi

Could you be more specific,If's it's the V6 tdi it's noted for lack of bottom end torq due to it's massive turbo that dunt wind up until at least 1

hi jason my allroad is a2.5 v6 tdi 180 this problem occured about 2 wks ago. normally it explodes into life from 1100 rpm now it only opens up from2000rpm. their is def somthing not working. have this morn been looking at egr valve but it seems to be shut as it should im at a loss now and it looks like it going in to garage on tue

Hello Jason

Yep I wish I had found this forum first. I relied on other motoring reviews on the net. All of which say what a great car it is. And sure it is, accept the current situation.

I am still at a loss to understand how to an extent this can be regarded as normal (ish) It is not like the VAG are amateurs.

Biggles

All modern cars share the same technology to an extent and subsequently have the same problems!

Go on any other make of car forum and you will see that they too are grumbling about Maf's,air bag warning lights,knackered ECU's,duff sensors,****** turbos etc.............and probably more like exploded engines & gearbox's.

Things are just getting too God dammed electronic & complicated, that's why I've just bought an old Land Rover!!!

Enjoy

LOL

Glad I have kept my trusty 2.1 straight 4 12v 406 Estate which swallows B100 (Biodiesel) at 36p/L tax paid. Low tech, low spec, low down power, and I don't worry if it gets dirty.

Dread to think what my Allroad is going to make of my home-brew B100. Having said that it improved my Pug's mid range power curve no end.

Anyone else run a 2.5 v6 TDi on Biodiesel?

Biggles

Hey

Just noticed what Jason said about the massive turbo. Is there a replacement turbo option by 3rd party suppliers?

Biggles

My Allroad had loads of lag, then all of the sudden went.

Every new customer who bought a V6 Tdi Allroad complained about this very fault.

If your unsure, go to local dealer and drive another one!

They do take time to wind up and an anchor to stop them, BUT they are a fantasic car

When you say went, do you mean the problem went, or the car .............. went?

Biggles