Buying from a main dealer.

Ben Smith

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Looking to buy a nearly new A6 avant (05/06 plate). Have seen a few I liked at main dealers but they refuse to do any kind of deal. I know i'm never going to get the best bargain at a dealers, but am I expecting too much to have a little bit of negotiation on a car that cost £25,000?
Has anyybody else managed to get a good deal from Audi recently?

The car I looked at is

Audi A6 avant 2.0 tdi se
06 plate,
4000 miles,
Black leather,
parking sensors,
Gsm phone prep.
The rest is pretty much standard.
£24,995

What do people think of the price?

Any help and advice would be great.

Ben.

You should be able to get a deal especially on the 4 cylinder models. There are a lot which are seeded through from Audi Management, so look out for anything which has an OE plate - as the dealer might not own it so possibly less of a deal.

Also the spec you quote doesn't include SatNav (CD version), which is a current FOC offer on new cars and has been there since Aug or there abouts. So if the car you're interested doesn't have SatNav I'd say you've got more room to negotiate

The other thing if the dealer is not moving on the ticket price is to look for things which they can offer you - seen local dealers offering 2 years free servicing (seperate to the Audi National Used Car deal) which saves you cash.

Good luck

Just ordered an A6 Le mans Edition with extras. List with extras about £40,000. Im paying £33,000 plus £300 for a Road Angel. I found it easier to get a new car discounted than a second hand one! My car is cheaper than some ex demonstrators on the forecourt.

Why don't you try buying new if you've got £25K to spend I reckon you could do a deal on a £28-30K car. The car you've listed you could probably buy new, just haggle hard.

I had a quote from an online broker called Motorlogix and I asked the dealer to match it.

Nick

I'm in Hereford but this car was at listers in worcester. Still looking, considering a c5 shape car and adding lots of extras (and saving lots of cash). Hereford main dealer is well known for not discounting.

That's a great deal on the le mans edition, Where is that from?

Ben.