Sky InsuranceBadger5
    AJO
    1st Gear

Status

please help... central locking

first off... the boot does not open or lock with the key fob...

i have to unlock... lock it manually... which get annoying... you can hear the solenoid trying to unlock/lock it... but it either stays open or locked depending on what you last did with the key...

also the fuel cao doesnt lock... theres no rod in sight... so i assume its been snapped off... any ideas on where to get a replacement?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have the same boot problem as you except that I have no solenoid noise-Dead!!!
    A6 boot locks are known for breaking with either boot locked and unable to open or open and unable to close and are about 20 (just the lock) from Audi,where you will have to get your missing bit for the petrol trap too!

There is a way of disactitivating/activating the boot from the central locking system (look in your Manuel)
    I think that it's turn lock with key and remove when horizontal=Deactivated,Turn anti clockwise with the key hole vertical and remove key =activated.This I have obviously tried on our car about 4 million times with out success.

Let us know how you get on as I would like to fix this problem too!!!!

Jason

AJO
    1st Gear

Status
    found the problem now.... took the boot trim off and theres a metal piece that screws to the boot lock and hooks through the solenoid... this has broken...

im hoping that i can replace it without having to replace the lock...