A6 Dooooooooooor!

Jason

Reaction score
Website
www.moulin-lacombe.com
Hi Everybod

Got a A6 problem with the drivers side door sensor, (left door as it's a left hooker) doesn't register that the door is opening and closing.Courtesy lights don't come on and no door open image on dash computer display, this I could nearly live with but driving lights on alarm when you stop the car and open the door doesn't work either meaning that I systematically leave the lights on!!!!

Got away with it so far-But know I'm going to get caught out with a "Flatty".

Any help appreciated before I rip the door in bits

DON'T DO IT!

Because I did and it was a kin nightmare!!!! Ended up not been able to open door,central locking wouldn't work correctly and it wasn't that after all got it all sorted in the end.
The door open micro-switch is in the door lock and the cam that operates it sticks with old dried up grease,Blast a load of WD-40 or similar and it should sort it out!

GOOD LUCK!

I removed my door to install the LED from the laserline alarm and my electrical connector already had some blue gunk on some of the contacts, just like on the aw tech article. cleaned it very well and the problem remains.

I'm going the aw article way and try to sort it out.

You mean you don't want to even try a slack hand of WD in the lock beforehand????????????
Well in that case there are a few things that aren't mentioned in the link that might help you!
When putting lock mechanism back onto central locking mechanism make sure that the locking lever slots into corresponding lock bit!
Plug mechanism in and try it with the remote before bolting back into door and most importantly try locking/unlocking & opening the door a good few times before you put the internal door panel back on!

Jason said:
You mean you don't want to even try a slack hand of WD in the lock beforehand????????????
Well in that case there are a few things that aren't mentioned in the link that might help you!
When putting lock mechanism back onto central locking mechanism make sure that the locking lever slots into corresponding lock bit!
Plug mechanism in and try it with the remote before bolting back into door and most importantly try locking/unlocking & opening the door a good few times before you put the internal door panel back on!

my electrical guy on the audio shop did try with WD on the lock.

thanks for the info on the lock bits.