F**cking Alarm

simonwjones

Reaction score
My alarm been playing up for the last 2 weeks now and randomly goes off whenever it feels like, more often than not in the middle of the night.

I dont hear it but I am concerned with the bruises appearing on my back from my wife punching me to get me to turn the ****** off and back on again.

Last week I was sleeping with the keys in my hand so I didnt have to get out of bed.

The car is an 02 A6 1.9tdi Avant.

Ive tried turning off the interior motion sensors, no joy.

Ive stripped both back wheel arch covers and cleaned all the contacts with proper electrical contact cleaner. Im not getting the dreaded 4 beeps to say that the backup battery has gone. Ive proved its not that because the siren unit is on my desk now and the bruising is starting to fade.

Does anyone know where the sensor for the tailgate lives and if there is one for the bonnet. Cant seem to see them anywhere.

I ordered a cable off Alphabid last night to give me an idea of what going on, but any suggestions in the mean time appreciated.

Perhaps a bad forum to post in as theres only 20 of us, but it is an A6 after all.

What I did notice was that the u bolt that the tailgate clips around seems to have come loos on one of the rivets. A hammer has sort of helped short term until I canm get another one ordered, but saying that the tailgate does seem to shut ok and inline with the body work.

Any suggestions greatfully recieved

cheers

Simon